Front Desk Admin and Facility Maintenance - Island Training Centre
Position: ITC Front Desk & Facility Maintenance
Purpose: Facilitating an enjoyable experience for all of our ITC clients & customers.
Supervisor: This position reports directly to the ITC Manager Program Manager.
This position acts as the first point of contact for user
groups and customer’s general questions and any standard transaction. Front
Desk Administrators are the first point of contact for in-person and over the
phone questions about our programs. Staff in this position must be able to
answer customer questions by efficiently reading and relaying the information
in the resources available such as the website, brochures, and any additional
information provided by the GM and department managers.
This position requires proficiency with technology in order
to navigate our facility management software, email correspondence, interpret
and understand our digital calendar of programs, update customer information,
and to complete transactions. Full training will be provided upon successful hire.
Finally, this position will oversee all program transitions
in the facility during their shift. When fields need to be set up or courts
need to transition between volleyball nets and basketball hoops etc, this
position must be able to budget their time appropriately and perform the
physical court setup without delaying the program start time. This requires
time management, priority setting, and proactive forethought.
· Meet/Greet Users and Members
· Answering customer emails, phone calls, data entry, etc
· Organization and multi-tasking
· Equipment setup – nets, soccer goals, and retrieving various balls are most
· Registration of all programs using our sports and facility management software.
· Knowledge of our programs and ability to efficiently search our website in
order to answer customer questions.
· Online software administration
· Special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Events, leagues, day to day operations and facility upkeep/cleanliness – take
down and set up of equipment in facility.
· Restroom maintenance, stocking, cleanliness and general functional upkeep.
· Must be willing to work evening shifts ending at 10:00pm.
· Strong leadership and communication skills
· Confident initiative and problem-solving skills
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Ability to think quickly, multi-task and problem solve without immediate guidance.
· Positive and energetic personality
· Initiative and the ability to think proactively to avoid difficulties in the
· Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs
Position is part time/as and when needed.
Position pay is hourly.
Weeknight shifts start between 4:00pm – 6:00pm and can go as late as 10:15pm.
Weekend shifts are in the morning 8:00am – 4:00pm or in the evening 4:00pm – 10:15pm
An ideal candidate is willing to work 3-5 shifts per week.
Weekend availability is required.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered:
16 years of age or older at the start of employment.
Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Be legally entitled to work in Canada and possess a valid Social Insurance Number or valid work visa.
Must be able to pass a criminal record check.
Please submit your resume and response to our pre-screening question via email to email@example.com
What makes you want to be part of the ITC staff?
Application Deadline: OPEN
*We appreciate your interest in the position, but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.