Youth Tournament Volunteer - Island Training Centre
Position: Youth Tournament Volunteer
Purpose: Tournament Volunteers are responsible for specific tasks to aid in the efficient operation of a given tournament. Creating a fun an enjoyable tournament event experience for our participants.
Competition Assistant positions include
· Report to Field Manager
· Keep track of game balls and return them to their designated field.
· Retrieve spare balls if necessary.
· Act quickly so competition continues in a timely fashion.
· Report to your Field Manager and Tournament Co-ordinator
· Retrieve score sheets from officials at each field and take them to the
· General assistant to Field Manager and Tournament Co-ordinator.
· Report to the officials assigned to your field.
· Call balls that go out of bounds in accordance with the rules for competition.
· Immediately communicate decisions to the official(s).
· Position yourself at or near the point the ball went out of play in order to
mark the throw-in.
· Report to your field manager.
· Keep the official scoresheet for competition at assigned field.
· Record all pertinent statistics and report final results to the field marshal.
· Alert the field manager immediately if there is a protest.
· Follow the official rules of competition while keeping score. Accuracy is important. In
the event of a question, the officials will use the scorebook to make crucial
· Report to the Tournament Co-ordinator.
· Serve as the primary contact for all 3 fields.
· Assist in maintaining the competition schedule by monitoring games and making
sure all competition volunteers are complying with rules and regulations and
doing their respective tasks with efficiency.
· Alert the tournament coordinator of any issues
· Record official scores and manage the tournament stages.
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Sports knowledge/experience is an asset
· Previous work or volunteer experience with children in group settings is an asset
· Ability to think quickly, multi-task and problem solve without immediate guidance.
· Positive and energetic personality
· Relevant certifications considered an asset include: First Aid
Position is volunteer
Tournaments are held on weekends and will include morning and evening shifts.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered:
Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Must be able to pass a criminal record check.
Please submit your resume and response to our pre-screening question via email to email@example.com
Why do you want to volunteer to be a Tournament Volunteer?
Application Deadline: Open