Youth Programs Coach/Instructor - Island Training Centre
Position: Youth Program Coach/Instructor
Purpose: Youth Program Coach/Instructor is responsible for supervising & creating a fun and enjoyable program/event experience for our customers.
Supervisor: This position reports directly to the Program Manager.
This position acts as the first point of contact with our youth program participants to ensure that our customers receive a positive and high energy experience. Program coach/instructors will meet, greet, engage and facilitate a fantastic program experience for each of our youth participants.
Staff in this position must be able to lead, organize and manage groups of youth throughout their program/event while representing the Island Training Centre and providing information to interested guests.
This position requires an energetic, positive and upbeat personality capable of creating an unforgettable experience, organizing equipment and supplies; set-up and clean up duties as well as necessary duties to . Some knowledge of technology and gaming operations is necessary to facilitate the video game portions of events and training will be provided upon successful hire.
Finally, the successful candidate in this position will have the opportunity to work alongside our General Manager to create growth and more
opportunities for our Party and Event hosting and planning program.
● Ensure participants/visitors are present for a specific program/event.
● Organize and facilitate engaging interactive games, tournaments and activities for the program participants.
● Answer questions and/or direct questions to the appropriate person.
● Communicate share basic facility operational knowledge to the participants, parents, and/or community members
● Help to create and ensure a safe program environment which may include program set-up and clean-up and general cleaning of spills etc. as the program dictates and/or notify facility staff.
● Work collaboratively with all other ITC personnel.
● Represent the ITC, uphold and exemplify facility policies and guidelines in all aspects of job performance and in relationships with children, families and facility employees as outlined in the employee handbook.
● Administer and/or assist with basic First Aid.
● Communicate all pertinent program information (incidents or injuries, needs, or concerns) to immediate supervisor or facility administrator.
● Ability to facilitate conflict resolution and independently problem-solve.
● Attend and participate in facility-provided training and meetings.
● Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or facility administrator.
● Individuals must be at least 16 years of age.
● Ability to retain general ITC program knowledge and answer or direct questions to appropriate personnel.
· Ability to manage time to ensure programming delivered is efficient
· Strong leadership and communication skills
· Previous sports coaching/instruction experience is an asset
· Previous work or volunteer experience with children in group settings is an asset
· Ability to think quickly, multi-task and problem solve without immediate guidance.
· Positive and energetic personality
· Initiative and the ability to think proactively to avoid difficulties in the future
· Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs
· Relevant certifications considered an asset include: First Aid, Coaching Certificate, Child & Youth Care
Position is part time/hourly, as and when needed.
Shifts include after school, evening and weekends.
Weekend availability may be required.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered:
16 years of age or older at the start of employment.
Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Be legally entitled to work in Canada and possess a valid Social Insurance Number or valid work visa.
Must be able to pass a criminal record check.
Please submit your resume and response to our pre-screening question via email to email@example.com
What makes you want to be an ITC Program Coach/Instructor?
Application Deadline: September 10, 2023
*We appreciate your interest in the position, but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.